The Role of the Parent Advisory Council
The purpose of the Parent Advisory Council shall be to promote and support education and to continue to contribute to a sense of school community and the well being of the children. The Council shall encourage parents to participate in meaningful educational activities and decision making.
• To maintain direct communication between the school and an interested parental body.
• To inform the parental community of school organization, affairs, educational, changes, needs and concerns, via public meetings, newsletters, discussion groups etc.
• To allow for advice and discussion between parents and school administration and staff; School Board and the Provincial Ministry, according to the B.C. Schools Act.
• To assist each child to meet his/her physical, mental, social, and emotional needs; to foster high ideals of citizenship; and to promote goodwill and peace through co-operation within the school community.
Members of the Parent Advisory Council
All parents or legal guardians of students registered at Glenrosa Elementary School are voting members of the PAC.
Our Parent Advisory Council (PAC) consists of every parent or guardian of a student attending Glenrosa Elementary School. An executive board is elected by the membership at the May Annual General Meeting and the executive plans and organizes many activities which take place throughout the school year. Some of these include the barbeque in September, weekly lunches for students and fundraising. The PAC meets on a monthly basis, typically the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Read the weekly bulletin for information regarding the PAC activities and fundraising opportunities. PAC maintains a modest Parenting Library, which is available to all parents. Help is always welcomed and PAC meetings are a great place to bring questions and suggestions.
Administration and staff and other interested community members are non-voting members of the PAC.
2022-2023 PAC Executive:
- President - Allyssa McLarty
- Vice President - Jessika Klee
- Treasurer - Kendyl Whiskin
- Secretary - Brooklyn Flear
- COPAC Representative - Amy Farella
- Fundraising Coordinator - Kirsty Lamont
- Hot Lunch Coordinator - Erin Kuhl-Salewich
- Parent/Teacher Coordinator - Erin Kuhl-Salewich
View the most recent PAC Meeting Minutes
View the GRE PAC Constitution and Bylaws